Halal Certification Registration
What is Halal Certificate?
Halal certificate is a written fatwa issued by MUI for products that have been declared halal after going through the registration process, audit, and meeting of the MUI Fatwa Commission.
What is LPPOM MUI?
The Assessment Institute for Foods, Drugs and Cosmetics, the Indonesian Council of Ulama or abbreviated as LPPOM MUI is an independent institution under the MUI which is responsible for carrying out the halal certification process starting from registration, collecting documents, to preparing reports before the material is determined by the Fatwa Commission.
What are the products that can be certified halal by MUI?
Products that can be issued halal certificates by MUI include food products, medicines, cosmetics, use goods (chemicals, soap, detergents, leather, water filters, etc.), etc.
How to identify the product category that I will register for halal certification?
To identify product categories, companies can see in the LPPOM MUI Director's Decree on the Provisions for Grouping MUI SH Products at the following link: http://e-lppommui.org/documents/SK11.II.2014_Ketentuan_Kelompok_Produk_berSH_MUI_(revisi-1).pdf
What is the procedure for halal certification for MUI?
The company must prepare documents related to the Halal Assurance System and implement, evaluate (internal audit), and carry out corrective actions if there are weaknesses related to the Halal Assurance System. After the process is carried out, the company can register for halal certification.
More detailed procedures can be seen on the website http://www.halalmui.org/mui14/index.php/main/go_to_section/56/1362/page/1 applies to all companies that submit applications in the CEROL system.
How to register my product to be certified halal?
Registration of halal products can be done at the LPPOM MUI Center or LPPOM MUI Province. The registration requirements in LPPOM Province include companies producing products in one area and marketed in certain regions (not national scale). If the product has been produced and marketed nationally, then the company must register at the LPPOM MUI Center.
Registration to the LPPOM MUI Province can be done in each Province. The list of addresses and contact numbers of the LPPOM MUI Province can be seen on the LPPOM MUI website www.halalmui.org.
Registration to the LPPOM MUI Center by online at www.e-lppommui.org.
What are the requirements of the Halal Assurance System?
To find out the requirements of the Halal Assurance System can be obtained through training held by LPPOM MUI. The training schedule can be accessed at www.halalmui.org.
How long is the halal certification process for the MUI Center?
MUI's halal certificate can be obtained 75 calendar days from complete registration at CEROL. While for companies located abroad about 90 days apply for 1 type of product and 1 factory.
The following is the approximate length of the certification process (domestic):
1. The process of uploading until pre audit: 20 days (including the contract approval process)
2. The process of completing pre audit to audit: 15 days
3. The audit process until the fatwa commission meeting: 15 days
4. Process of fatwa commission meeting until halal certificate is issued: 25 days
5. Total certification time: 75 days
The approximate length of the certification process above applies with a note:
1. In the pre audit process there is no discrepancy or there is a discrepancy but improvements are made from the company within a maximum of 7 days after the pre audit is conducted.
2. Payment of contract (paid click in the Contract payment menu) is done a maximum of 7 days after the Treasurer of LPPOM MUI uploaded the contract in CEROL.
3. In the audit process there are no discrepancies or there are discrepancies but improvements are made from the company within a maximum of 7 days after the audit.
4. The company confirms the audit date within a maximum of 5 days after the company is declared ready to audit and conduct an audit 10 days after the confirmation date.
5. The number of production facilities that must be audited is only one or if more than one is audited on the same day. Production facilities can include factories, headquarters, pre-production facilities, warehouses, outlets, and kitchens.
How long does the halal certificate apply?
MUI's halal certificate is valid for 2 years and must be recertified (extension) approximately 3 months before the expiration date.
Is the MUI Halal Certification charged? If it’s yes, how much the cost of halal certification?
Yes, it is subject to halal certification fees. To find out the estimated cost of halal certification can be asked to the treasurer of LPPOMMUI via e-mail email@example.com by informing you about the type, amount, and location of the product produced.
What is the payment account number for the halal certification process?
Account number information can be seen in the notification e-mail sent to the company e-mail, after registration in the CEROL system.
How do you get permission to include the MUI Halal Logo for retail products?
1. We inform that the regulation on the inclusion of the halal logo is the authority of the BPOM RI (specifically food retail products). We only provide advice on the inclusion of the halal logo, where the halal logo used is the official MUI halal logo and includes the halal certificate number under the halal logo. Regarding color, we do not have specific provisions, as long as we do not eliminate or change the original form of the MUI halal logo.
2. To obtain a permit for the inclusion of a halal logo, it can be submitted to BPOM RI by attaching a halal certificate for the product which will be included in its packaging.
3. While the provisions include the halal label of MUI for circulating products outside Indonesia, then this depends on the label regulation of food for the destination country of export.
How to publish a halal logo on an imported product, which already has a halal certificate from a halal institution from the imported product?
Based on regulations from the government (BPOM RI), retail products that will include a halal logo are only permitted to use the MUI halal logo. For non-retail products may include the halal logo of the country of origin.
What is the procedure for extending halal certificates?
The halal certificate procedure is the same as the registration that was previously processed in the CEROL system. Following are the provisions for registering halal certification according to the type of registration:
New Development Renewal
1. Create an account in the CEROL application to get a username and password - No need to create a new account, just use the login data that was created - No need to create a new account, just use the login data that was created
2. Create a New Registration - Creating a Dev Registration - Create a ReNew Registration
3. Pay Registration - Pay Registration - Pay Registration
4. Upload Data
Data uploaded is all data for products that are registered with the certification process. - Upload Data
Data uploaded is only data for development products only, for data that has been inputted it does not need to be re-inputted. - Upload Data
Data uploaded is all product renewal data (including if there are new products and raw materials). Data that has been inputted will be raised again, so the company only needs to update the data and/or add data that has never been inputted in the CEROL application (if there are additional materials / new products / facilities).
1. Onsite Audit - Onsite/Ondesk Audit - Onsite/Ondesk Audit
2. Fatwa - Fatwa - Fatwa
Raw Material Documents
Does every raw material used for products registered for halal certification must be equipped with halal certificates?
Not. Raw materials other than animal derivatives (except marine animals), flavor, fragrance, seasoning and vitamin premix can be supplemented with other supporting material documents such as specifications, process flow charts, questionnaires, and other supporting documents that explain the origin of the material. In addition, the raw materials that enter the List of Non-Critical Raw Materials do not need to attach supporting documents for the material. A list of Non-Critical Raw Materials can be found on the website www.halalmui.org.
Can halal certificate documents from foreign institutions be used as supporting documents for raw materials?
Yes, halal certificate documents from abroad can be used but only those issued by halal institutions recognized by the MUI. Please check the conditions for receiving halal certificates as halal supporters and the List of Halal Certification Institutions (LSH) recognized by MUI at www.halalmui.org.
If it is not listed in the list of halal institutions recognized by the MUI, companies can submit approval for new materials by attaching supporting documents to other materials (process flowcharts, specifications, etc.). However, other documents do not apply to derivative raw materials/animal derivatives/flavor/fragrance (these materials must include halal certificates).
What about the status of raw materials that have documents from LSH that have been expired from MUI?
To note that LSH also has a validity period of certificate of recognition from the MUI which is renewed every 2 years. Halal certificates issued by halal institutions whose certificates have been expired can still be used as supporting material documents (both new and existing materials) as long as the halal certificate is still valid and materials are produced before the validity period of the halal certificate expires. However, if the halal certificate is issued after the validity period of the LSH expires, then the SH document cannot be used unless the validity period of the MUI has been renewed.
How do you register new raw materials that will be used for products that have been certified halal?
New raw materials to be used for products that have been certified halal must be registered. Request for approval of the use of new raw materials for all material consultations is carried out through CEROL on the " inquiry of raw material approval" menu. The procedure for submitting permission to use new raw materials can be seen in the following user manual at the following link: http://e-lppommui.org/documents/Manual_CEROL-Manufacturing_(IDN-2.3).pdf
What if the raw material submitted previously has not been approved by LPPOM MUI?
If the material is still not approved, the company can re-submit the application in the same menu and will get a new permit number.
Will the new raw material submitted through CEROL in the "Inquiry Material Approval" menu be included in the list of ingredients registered at CEROL?
The new raw materials that have previously been approved in the "Inquiry Material Approval" menu are not automatically entered into the ingredients list on the "Registered Material" menu, so the company needs to create a new List of Raw Materials and add new raw material data at CEROL during registration renewal of halal certificates.
Do I have to register new raw materials for trial products (which are not halal certified)?
Trial raw materials or those used for products that have not been registered with halal certification do not need to get LPPOM MUI approval, including for production scale trials. The company simply ensures that the ingredients are pork free (if using production facilities used for products that are halal certified).
The new raw materials can be registered together with the registration of new products at the development and extension registration (if it will be certified halal).
Reference Submission of Halal Certification Process
In the certification process, can the company get a certificate of process?
The company can submit a certificate in the halal certification process: Certificate in Process- SKP (for new applications), Certificate of Extension Process-SKPP (for extension applications) or Halal Certificate-SKH (for products that have passed the fatwa). The submission of the process can be done through CEROL in the "Inquiry SK" menu.
Why not all products registered are not listed in SKP/SKPP?
1. Products that are not listed undergo naming changes. The difference between the naming of products listed in the halal certificate and those proposed at this time makes the system not recognize these products as existing products. To bring up these products, please adjust their names to those listed in the halal certificate.
2. Product development can be submitted to the SKP menu.
3. Contains symbols that are not allowed in the CEROL system.
FAQ About the Use of CEROL
How to add product or raw material data if it has been pre audit/based on suggestions from the Auditor?
Adding data can be done through the "Upload halal document" menu, then click Next until the List of Product/Material appears (click as needed), how to add material is the same as uploading material at the beginning of the data upload process
How to upload proof of payment if the company has a registration number of more than 1?
Enter the Halal Registration menu, then click Default on the registration number to be accessed, then enter the payment and upload proof of payment menu. Do the same for the other registration numbers.
What if I forget my username and password?
If you forget your username, the company can send an e-mail using an official office / letter e-mail using company header, with the application for CEROL system username / password information, accompanied by a company identity.
What should be done when on a CEROL system/application?
Read and understand the CEROL SS23000 user manual and prepare all required documents, including the HAS implementation, the CEROL manual can be downloaded at the link: http://e-lppommui.org/other/document.php
What is HAS? How to make it, is there a format in the MUI?
Halal Assurance System (HAS) is an integrated Management System that is prepared, implemented, and maintained to regulate materials, production processes, products, HR, and procedures in order to maintain the continuity of the halal production process in accordance with the requirements of LPPOM MUI.
To make it recommended by representatives of companies to take part in external training held in a scheduled manner by LPPOM MUI, HAS training information can be seen in the link: http://www.halalmui.org/mui14/index.php/main/go_to_section/18/46/page/1
The names of products that are halal certified do not appear on the MUI website product search menu?
This is because when carrying out the halal certification process the choice of publication on the product status is not chosen by the company, so that this results in the product name not appearing on the website www.halalmui.org
What if the product group in the CEROL application has no choice?
The company can choose Others, or can contact CerolServices via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0251-8358748.
Is the CEROL username and password valid forever?
If the company has a different product group, do you need to have a different username and password?
1. No need, because the username and password apply to 1 company name, if the product group is different, then the company only needs to register according to the number of product groups owned by the company.
2. 1 registration number applies to 1 halal certificate/product group number and applies to many factories.
Why can't login?
The company forgets the password/username to contact services via e-mail email@example.com
"You have more than 1 active registration, please select the default registration number!!!" when logging in, what is that mean?
1. This is because the company has a registration number of more than 1, so the thing to do is click OK (if it’s not, click OK then the company cannot enter the CEROL system).
2. The purpose of the text box is that the company must select the registration number to be processed, by clicking Set Default on the Halal Registration menu.
Can the Sign Up data/ the data that was first created can be revised?
Yes you can, the company can revise the data sign up only for PIC information and the Contact Person, while for changes to company names please contact services via e-mail.
How to pay registration if you have more than 1 registration number?
Payment can be made at once for all company-owned registrations, but for confirmation in the CEROL application, each registration number is done.
Why has the company made a registration payment and has uploaded proof of payment registration but still can't upload data?
Please send proof of transfer and company name information as well as the registration number in the CEROL system to e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
What data/documents are needed for the halal certification process?
Upload documents that are relevant to the halal certification process, manufacturer's data, product data, material data used for the products to be certified halal, matrix products vs. materials for the proposed products for halal certification, and filling of the HAS Questionare, and HAS implementation documents .
What if the company will register again, even though the previous registration is still in process, so that when filling in the Old RegNo column it does not refer to the last registration?
It is recommended that the previous registration process be completed first, so that the data in the CEROL application database is recorded properly.
How do you revise the product name, if the certification process has been issued a fatwa/halal certificate has been issued?
1. Please submit changes according to company requirements to e-mail email@example.com.
2. If you have received revised approval, it will be done in the CEROL application and hard copy of halal certificate.
How to upload the same product to a different factory?
When filling in the product name, it is repeated according to the factory owned by the company.
How to upload documents if there are more than 1 file?
Documents with more than 1 can be compressed into a ZIP or RAR file, then the compressed results are uploaded.
Can you do an audit if I have paid the contract?
Audit can be carried out if the following conditions are met:
a) Contract fees have been paid.
b) Registration is PassPreAudit.
How to Edit/Delete/Add products, raw materials or other data?
1. Before edit/delete/add products, the company should report changes to the data in the auditing section by sending an e-mail to change the data to firstname.lastname@example.org after obtaining approval from the relevant section of the company can edit/delete/add products according to company requirements.
2. Product changes can be made through the Upload Halal Document menu then click Next until the List of Product menu appears. Then at the bottom left there is a list of products, clicked and the table below will appear. In the table, there are in the far right column namely "Edit" and "Delete", click the "Edit" button then click "Type" and select the product type.
3. Delete the product can be done = above, but select "Delete".
4. Add products can be done in ways such as adding products during registration.
How to import CSV products and raw materials?
1. Make sure the format matches the template in the CEROL application.
2. Does not contain symbols that are not allowed in the CEROL application (described in the CEROL user manual).
3. Make sure the file has CSV extension.
4. Before being uploaded to the CEROL CSV file, it opens first using the NotePad application, make sure in the NotePad application to format the separator using a comma (,) punctuation if it is appropriate then the file can be uploaded to the CEROL application.
What should be done after complete data/audit upload?
1. The company can monitor the halal certification process on the menu that ends with the word monitoring in the CEROL application.
2. If an audit has been conducted, to check the audit record in the type of process selection column, select Audit, then click search.
What to do if the message "You no have active registrastion …”?
1. Click OK, then please do the activities needed in the CEROL system.
2. The message explains that the company does not have a registration that is being processed in the CEROL system.
3. If you want to check the registration that has been processed, the company can check in the following menu:
a) Download Certificate: to view/download certificates that have been processed.
b) Registered Material: to view material that has been inputted, and to update data.
c) Regular report: for periodic reports.
d) Inquiry Material Approval to add new raw materials.
How to apply for a certificate of process?
The certificate can be submitted in the CEROL system through the Inquiry SK menu. Select the category of letters based on company requirements and the language used in the letter. Then, select the registration number related to the submission of the letter to be made. The procedure for submitting a certificate can be seen in the new CEROL user manual at the following link: http://e-lppommui.org/other/document.php